CALLE MAYOR SCHOOL BULLETIN
ACEing Autism is a non-profit organization with 30 locations worldwide. Now, for the first time it is being launched in the South Bay. ACEing Autism is a tennis program created to meet the needs of children with autism. Each child is paired with one or two volunteers based on his or her needs. This is a meaningful opportunity to enrich the development of children with autism. It will held every Saturday from 9AM to 11AM starting from October 25 until November 22 at South High Tennis Courts. To get an application or for more information contact program director Atharva Padhye at email@example.com or call 310-683-9369.
Lunch Club has started in Room 25 from 12:55 to 1:25. Everyone is welcome to join us for fun and to make new friends. There will be a signup sheet on the door of Room 25.
- Calle Agenda Books are required! Agenda books need to be brought to school every day and to every class. Do not tear out or damage your agenda book. If you lose yours, see Barbara in the office to purchase a new one for $5.00.
- Do not leave your books or personal items on the lunch tables or in the hallways at lunch. Detentions will be assigned beginning this week for students that do leave items out.
- No eating on the grass or on the volleyball and basketball courts.
- No running, rough-housing or horseplay is permitted
- Please pick up your trash, think about it! If every student picked up two pieces of trash that would be almost 1600 pieces of trash not littering our campus.
- Is your locker giving you trouble? See Craig for help.
Astro Camp reservations and checks are to be turned into the office. There are still a few openings available. 8th graders who did not have a chance to go to Astro Camp last year can also sign up. Application forms are available in the office.
CJSF and Yearbook lists will be posted on the window of Room 16 today. First meeting for Yearbook will be Tuesday, September 30th and the first meeting for CJSF will be Wednesday, October 1st. Both meetings are in Room 16 at lunch.
There is a mandatory first Paw Print meeting on Wednesday, October 1st at lunch in Room 24. If you would like to write for the school newspaper, please attend. Ms. Gladden.
8TH Grade students are invited to participate in the John J. New Leadership Academy held at Calle Mayor. This is a wonderful opportunity for 20 students at our school. The academy will be held from 3 to 4 pm on Tuesday at Calle Mayor. It is a 10 week program beginning on Tuesday, October 7, 2014. Applications are available in the office and need to be returned to the office as soon as possible.
Attention all Creative People. Unleash your artistic, writing, dancing or musical talents by participating in the PTA Reflections program. This year’s theme is “The world would be a better place if..” Applications are available in the office or go to the school website for more information. All entries are due to the office by November 3rd. Few will enter, many will win!